Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Make Up Games and Glasses


I wear glasses a lot of the time because they are easier for me than dealing with contacts on my longer days. My glasses fall under the geek chic category, but they do make it hard sometimes to decide what to do about make up. I don’t want to wear make up sometimes because it feels like the glasses aren’t as suited to me face then, but then make up games should be able to accompany glasses easily, so I feel guilty by not taking the time to put some make up on in the mornings. It does make you think about the best make up games to play when you wear glasses.

The basics of make up games apply to all faces – clean, moisturize and apply a light base. A light coating of powder cuts out shine and gives you a smooth surface to work from. A bit of blush brings your cheeks to life and makes your face appear bright and cheerful. It’s the eyes that have it though – your glasses cover much of your eyes, so you’ll need to ramp up your eye make up games to compensate for this. Wear your eye make up a bit heavier than you would if you weren’t wearing glasses and it should show through just fine.

No comments: