Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Make Up Games and Strange Eye Shadows


It’s important to have fun when you’re young – I get that. I’m okay with it. But I’m not sure I completely understand the need for some teenage girls to wear two different colors of brightly toned eye shadow every day. Today, one of the girls at school had a combination of hot pink and black eye shadow. The inside of her eyelids were black with a swoop of black shadow down to her tear duct – actually touching her nose, really. The outside of her eye was hot pink, swooping up into a point. The effect was interesting, and it suited her particular style, but it seemed out of place at high school.

Most bold eye shadow and other make up games are best suited for evenings. In the evening you can go rather wild and do just about anything you want to do to make your eyes stand out. After all, it’s dark and you’re likely going somewhere that’s dimly lit. In the bright hallways of the public school system, however, I’m not sure that the strange eye shadow is the right form of make up game to be playing. Did it distract me, not really, but it did keep dragging me away from some other random thoughts. Would I do any crazy eye shadow make up games during the school day? Probably not, but then that could be a sign that I’m just not wild enough.

No comments: