Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Make Up Games and Colored Eye Shadow


I’ll admit I’m not sure what I think about the new trend of wearing colored eye shadows. I’ve always been all for fun shades on the eyes, but those all ranged within a neutral palette or perhaps a shimmery metallic. Today I’m seeing bold colors on the eyes that match the outfit of the wearer, not just her face or style. As far as make up games go, this is a fun way to experiment with color, but I’m not entirely sure it’s a look I support on anyone over the age of seventeen.

Young girls can get away with brightly colored eye shadow as part of their make up games, but those of us who have to pretend to be adults need to spend a bit of time thinking about overall image and presentation – not just what looks great in a fashion magazine. We’ve all known for a long time that the hottest fashions just aren’t right for all of us. It’s possible to be in style without being seen in the most interesting of the new designs. I, for one, rank this make up game of the bright green, blue and red eye shadows up there with skinny jeans – workable for a very few.

No comments: