Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Make Up Games and Men


I’ve noticed lately, as the media has as well, that more men are playing make up games. The make up games men are playing a bit different than the ones we like, but they are still definitely working within the realm of cosmetics. Young and older men are all starting to sport concealer and powder. They are using toner and bronzer and blush. The men are wearing eyeliner and eye shadow in an effort to look more polished and attractive.

These make up games make sense for men in the spotlight – you need stage make up, after all, but the make up has moved off the stage into the every day and I’m not sure how I feel about that. I love that men feel comfortable enough to wear make up when they want to without worrying about social censorship or opinion, but I guess I’m just old fashioned enough to like to keep make up games for girls only.

No comments: