Monday, October 1, 2012

Make Up Games and Fake Eyelashes


I’m starting to wonder if all the make up games with fake eyelashes are really necessary. Every time I turn around I find someone else wearing a bit batch of fake eyelashes. Dark, luscious lashes are absolutely all the rage – who doesn't want to look like a sultry diva with half-closed, sexy eyes? But the problem is this: no matter how realistic the fake eyelashes are designed to be, they still just look so very fake.

Take for example the recent episode of Glee. Rachel was sporting her super sexy look and trying to seduce the new college boy. She was staring at him with some serious intensity – her eyes closed, she looked sexy and I couldn't look away from the big, black fake eyelashes she was wearing. Sure her outfit was complete.

She looked the part, but it bothered me that the fake eyelashes were so fake that they didn’t even look real in onscreen make up games. I can’t imagine there would ever be any that appeared real when you’re looking someone face-to-face. Perhaps we should just ban them from “real life” and just enjoy fake eyelashes as part of a costume.

No comments: