Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Make Up Games – Learning to Apply Makeup


I remember when I learned to apply make up for the first time. It was in my room as a young teen with a bottle of base and a sponge. The color was terrible, the blending was terrible and everything about that day was fun, if unattractive.

It’s especially amusing today looking back. I was so anxious to learn how to use make up and was constantly playing make up games. Yet today I find myself without any make up on. I think those who are most comfortable in their own skin realize that make up can make you feel heavier during the course of the day instead of more beautiful. It’s great for special occasions, but learning how to play make up games for every day is just as critical as those days.

Today my make up games include very basic items such as tinted moisturizer, lip gloss and maybe mascara. I’m fortunate to have smooth skin and the tinted moisturizer gives me a bit of a glow. Dark mascara takes care of the eyes and gloss is all I need to finish out the look with luscious lips.

No comments: