Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Boys and Make Up Games


Lately, I’ve noticed quite a few more boys applying make up than I used to. It probably has more to do with my noticing it than with the number of boys who’ve been wearing it. After all, the Eighties had more than a few celebs in full faces of make up. But looking around, I’ve wondered if those boys out there who are wearing make up might benefit from a few make up games.

When you apply make up, you need to do so in a careful way to make it appear as natural as possible. After all, make up is designed to enhance your natural beauty, not mask it. But when a boy is wearing eye liner or more, he seems to have missed the memo on natural. Perhaps, that’s his purpose – to call attention to his face, but you never really know.

I know of one individual who wears a full face of make up including base. Unfortunately, his skin is very broken out and red with acne. It makes me cringe to see him wipe the base over those blemishes as they are likely getting worse with the chemicals on top. Hopefully at least the make up games taught him that certain make ups will make acne worse.

No comments: